Sunday, December 6, 2015

To blog or not to blog

Since arriving in Cambodia I have been considering whether I should write a blog or not.  In fact, I have considered writing a blog quite a bit in the past, but I have always struggled to think of anything to write about and doubted whether anyone would be interested in anything I had to say.

Obviously, I have now made the decision to blog and there are three main reasons for this:

  1. When I have previously lived and travelled overseas I have written journals and I guess a blog is the modern day version of that.  It is just that it potentially has a wider audience than a personal journal (or not!).
  2. From the two weeks I have spent in Cambodia so far I reckon there will be heaps of interesting things to write about.
  3. It will pander to my lazy tendencies, in that I won't have to update everyone individually about what I am doing!
The main purpose of this blog is so I can have an ongoing and everlasting recollection of  my time in Cambodia......so I guess that the key audience is me.  But hopefully other people will also enjoy reading about my experiences and observations. 

Apparently I am supposed to say that the views expressed in this blog are the authors own and do not necessarily reflect those of VSO...so there it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment